At FasterCures, we will launch our new strategic plan in the coming months, an effort to help us "stay in our lane" and focus on much needed outcomes towards accelerating medical solutions. As FasterCures board member Larry Flax has said, "That which gets measured gets done."
As we further define our strategic priorities and implement outcomes-driven programs, here’s a preview of what’s on our agenda for 2010:
- Fostering innovation and accountability in medical research.
- Creating a more informed, transparent, and results-oriented marketplace for medical philanthropy.
- Empowering patients to play an active role in clinical research.
- Exploring and expanding opportunities at the Food and Drug Administration for acceleration of cures.
- Strengthening medical research tools (e.g., electronic health records, biobanks) to better support a more effective and efficient health cures system.