We launched Time Equals Lives to make a compelling statement about why we must invest in medical research. Time Equals Lives is a platform for personal stories, each one on its own is a strong case for why research matters, and when woven together collectively these stories create an imperative to make medical research a national priority.
- patients and their families whose lives have been altered by disease,
- scientists and researchers facing incredible obstacles to advancing their work, but whose relentless efforts are bringing us closer to a cure, and
- impatient advocates who know too well that improving a system means disrupting it and playing an active role in reshaping it.
The Time Equals Lives campaign provides our nation with a bird’s eye view of the critical importance of medical research. It is our goal to ensure we share these stories effectively and amplify their messages to leaders and decision makers whose work can chart the course of our future well-being. Here are some of the things we look forward to doing throughout this campaign:
- delivering these stories in a creative and compelling ways to Members of Congress;
- packaging these stories and sharing them effectively with Administration officials;
- preparing these stories for all stakeholders in the medical research advocacy community to use as appropriate to advance their respective goals.
We built the site in the public domain with the express purpose of making this resource available for the medical research advocacy community to use as appropriate.
We urge you and those you know to add your stories to the mix. Here's how to get involved: